A nest to rest in, after your journey
320 sq. ft. + loft
1 bed, Sleeps 4
1 full bath
Kitchen, Open Concept Living & Dining Area, Deck
Memory Lane Cabin is inspired by Mother Goose, or the figures that one holds dear. A place for ‘Granny Goose’ to rest after her long fairy tale journey. A place to remember and cherish the mementos and treasures she has collected along the way. A cabin and space that embraces both creativity and comfort. Filled with antiques and refurbished and salvaged wood furniture pieces, pianos, and organs. This is our third cabin we have installed on our four acre property.
This is a spacious 20′ x 16′ fairy tale themed cabin with a loft space coined, The Needlepoint Nest. The Needlepoint Nest is accessed by a captains’ ladder, with side hand railings. The loft furnishes a queen sized bed and the treasures and the artworks of Mother Gooses tales and trots. Relax and review the dreamy artwork above.
On the main level, The Memory Lane Cabin has an open concept living space: full kitchen, full bathroom with stand-up shower, a twin sized daybed with a trundle twin bed underneath, and a large luxurious reading couch. With cascading plants and themed artwork, and of course, more of Mother Goose’s books and trinkets.
To finish, a spacious verandah, furnished with a Webber BBQ and a bistro table set. The verandah looks out to the tail end of the Pinette River. The view is lovely, and it is not uncommon to see eagles, osprey, or hear other critters soaring up above. As we further develop the property we will soon be adding a path to the river from this cabin’s access point.
Please Note: We provide WIFI access in the Memory Lane Cabin. However, currently there is no tv, cable or streaming services provided, so bringing your own devices as needed or wanted is recommended.
Please Note: Guests have access to the entire cabin, fire pit, patio, parking, and large front lawn. As we develop paths to the river, all Miracles on Polly guests will have access to these shared spaces when implemented on the property.
- Air Conditioning
- Deck Furniture
- The beginnings of footpath
Amenities Close By
- Coopers Red and White Convenience – 3 minute drive – This place carries most of the basics – gas, liquor, groceries, deli with local meats, produce, baked goods etc.
- Belfast Corn Maze/ Pappy’s BBQ Joint – Great local restaurant/farmers market/children’s fun park – 3 minute drive (seasonally operated)
- Country Taste Kitchen & Bakery – Serving breakfast and lunch, specializing in hot drinks, café menu with baked goods & pastries (open all year round, limited hours in off season)
- Belfast Highland Greens Golf Course – 5 minute drive
- Lord Selkirk Outdoor Pool & Mini Putt – 5 minute drive
- Beaches within 5-10 minute drive
- Belfast Mini Mills – Amazing local business with a great store front for gifts or keepsakes
- Trans Canada Highway – 3 minute drive
- Point Prim Lighthouse & Point Prim Chowder House – the oldest lighthouse on PEI, located next to a seasonal seafood restaurant
- Kro in the Sky Art Gallery (seasonally operated)
- Wood Islands Ferry Terminal (seasonally operated) – 20 minute drive
Miracles on Polly has three rental cabins on the four acre property: Memory Lane Cabin, Enchanted River Retreat, and Fairy Tale Cabin. All units are private but within the vicinity of each other. All are unique in their own way and share a fairy tale styled theme: we ask that all guests respect each other and the shared space.
We can be as available or as unavailable as desired. We also provide a visitors/diners/entertainment guide on site! Alexander has worked in hospitality all his life: we care about people and want the best for them genuinely. If there is anything we can do to help your stay and over all vacation in any capacity please let us know.
Other Things to Note
In the winter months all guests must park at the top of the lane-way and walk down: it is a short but a reasonably steep walk. There is always at least enough space for 3 cars at the top of the laneway. If you are uncomfortable walking down a decline in the winter months than this may not be the best place for you. In saying that we have snow removal services for our laneway, we salt and sand the walking path, and we truly hope you do chose to come rest at Polly Hill during the winter season. If there are any questions or concerns in this regard, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please note: our PEI Tourism Establishment License Number is #2301149