Lush living overlooking the river
700 sq. ft.
3 bed, Sleeps 4
1 full bath
Kitchen, Living Room, Dining Area
Charming and bright with a forest and river view: cascading with plant life, enchanting is this cozy cottage’s personality. With splashes of art, books, trinkets, and antiques: it is a rustic tone with hints of modern. This is a refurbished mini-home nestled within the beautiful and historic community of Belfast. The master bedroom offers a queen sized bed with a 50″ TV, closets, and a bright forest view. The second bedroom has a daybed with a trundle bed underneath equipped with two twin bed mattresses in total. There is also a small TV and closet space in the second bedroom. The bathroom offers laundry services. Finishing off with an open concept full kitchen and main living area and small dining area seating.
Please Note: Given the plant life that inhabits the Enchanted River Retreat, if guests book over 7 days, one of our staff members must gain entrance to the cabin to service and water the plants. Masks and PPE will be worn as necessary, and this will take a maximum of 40 minutes . Thank you for your understanding 🙂
Please Note: We strive for five-star cleanliness every time. We have implemented strict cleaning and pest control measures that we monitor closely. We are located in the middle of the woods, and the interior of the cottage has well over 150 plants. This all being said, the odd insect can find its way into our Enchanted River Retreat. During the spring months, in particular in May and after the winter thaw, we implement extreme pest control: however, especially when it’s wet, the cottage may experience ants. If there are any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask us.
- Two patios
- A BBQ
- Patio furniture
- Fire Pit – Please consult with us first 🙂
- Picnic tables
- Bench by the river on a platform with a pretty view
- DVD Player, DVDs, Board games
- Pack and play crib, children toys, baby bath, etc.
Amenities Close By
- Coopers Red and White Convenience – Carries most of, if not all, the essentials. Gas, liquor, groceries, deli (with local meats), produce, baked goods, etc. – 3 minute drive
- The Chuck Wagon / Pappy’s BBQ Joint – Great local restaurant/farmers market/children’s fun park – 3 minute drive (seasonally operated)
- Country Taste Kitchen & Bakery – Serving breakfast and lunch, specializing in hot drinks, café menu with baked goods & pastries (open all year round, limited hours in off season)
- Belfast Highland Greens Golf Course – 5 minute drive
- Lord Selkirk Outdoor Pool & Mini Putt – 5 minute drive
- Beaches within 5-10 minutes of drive
- Belfast Mini Mills – Amazing local business with a great store front for gifts or keepsakes.
- Trans Canada Highway – 3 minute drive
- Point Prim Lighthouse & Point Prim Chowder House – the oldest lighthouse on PEI, located next to a seasonal seafood restaurant
- Kro in the Sky Art Gallery (seasonally operated)
- Wood Islands Ferry Terminal (seasonally operated) – 20 minute drive
Miracles on Polly has three rental cabins on the four acre property: Enchanted River Retreat, Memory Lane Cabin, and Fairy Tale Cabin. All units are private but within the vicinity of each other. All are unique in their own way and share a fairy tale styled theme: we ask that all guests respect each other and the shared space.
We can be as available or as unavailable as desired. We also provide a visitors/diners/entertainment guide on site! Alexander has worked in hospitality all his life: we care about people and want the best for them genuinely. If there is anything we can do to help your stay and over all vacation in any capacity please let us know.
Other Things to Note
In the winter months all guests must park at the top of the lane-way and walk down: it is a short but a reasonably steep walk. There is always at least enough space for 3 cars at the top of the laneway. If you are uncomfortable walking down a decline in the winter months than this may not be the best place for you. In saying that we have snow removal services for our laneway, we salt and sand the walking path, and we truly hope you do chose to come rest at Polly Hill during the winter season. If there are any questions or concerns in this regard, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please note: our PEI Tourism Establishment License Number is #2301149